Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Gifts that matter

My oldest gave me her gift early, she was too excited to wait until xmas.  Gifts like this are the best compensation a stay-at-home dad could ever receive.  Very thankful!!!

 Brown Trout painting.
I have had my girls on the water in canoes, kayaks, and various other boats, since before they could walk.  They haven't taken to the fishing lifestyle (Bummer, since a rod/reel is always beside them) but they love the outdoors, camping, and nature.  As 2014 draws to an end, it's gifts like this that remind me of what's really important, be sure to share your passion with your kids.  They'll love you for it and in return you'll get the best gift ever...a bond with your child.

Happy holidays to you and yours.

2 comments:

  1. And when you're an old man and the kids are grown up with kids of their own, you'll find that drawing and no one will understand the smile on your face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Howard..The thought of that made me smile. Getting a frame and it's going on the wall.

      Delete