Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Orvis "20 Days in September" contest (Days 1-6)

I'm always looking for a good excuse, not really, to go fly fishing.  Well, if you haven't heard Orvis has given everyone a great excuse to go fly fishing.  The "20 Days in September" contest is live, http://www.orvis.com/news/fly-fishing/day-one-2016-20-days-september-contest/, and I've been trying really hard to get as many of the 20 days in as I can.  The good news is you don't have to do all 20 to be eligible to win (see link above).  I'm not really doing it to win anything, I suspect most aren't, but rather the challenge of trying.  It's hard to find or make the time to fish 20 days out of the month...challenge accepted.  I've been out 6 days so far and here are the photos I submitted.  


Day 1

Day 2

Day 3

Day 4

Day 5

Day 6

See photographs for days 7-12
See photographs for days 13-20








5 comments:

  1. Drew! Awesome stuff, man! Your photography skills just keep getting better and better! I'm really diggin' that bluegill shot. Great colors on that one. I have a lot of catching up to do on your travels, and I look forward to a day I have the time. Contests are always fun, and a good way to spice up what we're ultimately going to do anyway...fish. ha Thanks, for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Juice...dang good to hear from you. I've been keeping up with you on FB...you're killing it man. Awesome job. Like you said, I'll be fishing anyway...try to be creative with it. Looking forward to more of your blog activity!

      Delete
  2. I'd love to follow you around for half a day just to watch your photo logistics! Way to embrace the spirit of the event with letting its loftiness get in the way. I'm still learning that "good enough" is usally better than "not at all, if it can't be perfect..."

    BTW, the carp and tortoise look like long-lost brothers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man. I can honestly say that contest like these make me try to capture the moment rather than a fish. I don't know if that's a good thing but it gives me an excuse for not catching anything.

      Delete