Sunday, October 15, 2017

Streamers in the swamp

My local water is one of those places you'll never see many people.  Lets not even talk about the chance of seeing another person throwing a fly.  I'm sure it happens but the refuge is 65k acres and there's a few cypress trees to block the view.



But those trees and the isolation are what make it special.  So much water to fish.  And you never know what you'll catch.  It's a maze and obstacle course, that make fly fishing from a kayak exciting.  Here's a short video that better illustrates what I'm trying to explain.



6 comments:

  1. See there? A perfect blog post. Beautiful photographs (wow, to the gar!) and a neat little video. I need thata. By the way, what's on your chin?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On my chin. Wisdom or maybe some mud from the wrestling match with the gar. Thanks Howard!

      Delete
  2. Very cool bit o' water, Drew! Grass Carp AND Longnose Gar? With some healthy bass mixed in?? What could be better??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure we could think of something if we tried really hard but I'm good for now. It's been a great week.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks, you never know what will eat out here.

      Delete